Tuesday, July 5th, 2016
I’ve stayed away from dating apps for as long as I could because I’m an old-fashioned romantic and thought I’ll meet the love of my life while I’m browsing books in cute little cafes or while I’m waiting at the elevator or while I’m at a fabulous party and our hands randomly touch and……what was I saying?
Oh, right, dating apps. I tried a few without the intention of meeting anyone because I was curious about what kind of guys I’ll find and although there were a few who seem promising, I was too shy to make a move. I have to say it feels superficial to swipe left on a person based on their pictures or a few words in their bio. Does anyone feel weird about doing that?
I wonder what will happen if we suddenly don’t have cell phones or internet anymore. Will our heads collectively explode? We will actually have to make an effort to meet someone we fancy in person or *gasp* plan a date! Do we still know how to use a pen and a paper? Imagine we have to send love letters instead of texting! We have to draw emojis on our own! I think if you’re a romantic like me, you would rejoice at a world where communication between two mutually interested parties is based on
thoughtful and sincere words. I would very much like that kind of world, wouldn’t you?
Monday, July 4th, 2016
It’s bloody hot during the summer and since nude beaches are not an option for me (Eww..I don’t want to see other people’s genitals!), I have to put on some clothes. My favorite things to wear are denim cut-offs and breezy shirts. They just look so good together! Pair them with nice flats and you’re good to go. Don’t forget the sun hat and the SPF! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Monday, June 20th, 2016
Are you one of those lucky ones who can’t wait to go to work on a Monday? Good for you! Now leave us all alone. As for the poor unfortunate souls who are reading this, let me offer you some tips that don’t involve alcohol or coffee to make your day bearable and even make you smile? Read on!
1) Organization is everything: Wunderlist app and Google Calendar are my go-tos for organizing my daily tasks for both home and work. The most important thing is to write down a list of things that can be automated in your life so you have more time to do whatever you want. For example, I use Buffer to schedule my social media updates and Qapital to save money.
2) Read one article on Medium: Medium is a treasure trove of wonderful articles written by experts from all areas of life. I laugh, I cry and most of all, I feel inspired every time.
3) Put something in your mouth: No, not that! You dirty, dirty scoundrel! I get it. I don’t usually get hungry when I wake up either but you don’t have to eat a full breakfast. Just eat a protein bar or your favorite fruit. You don’t want your stomach growling when your boss is giving a presentation.
4) Listen to music that’s not your type: I admit I have a very particular taste in music and it’s very hard for me to deviate from what I like but from time to time, I would force myself to listen to *shudders* Justin Bieber or Hozier. Who knows? You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
5) Pick a place on the internet that makes you think & smile: For me, it’s called
Have a happy Monday! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
I’m a girl but sometimes when I look at other girls around me, I feel like I’m not being ‘girly’ enough. What I mean is that I don’t do manicure or pedicure, I don’t wear eye shadow or eyeliner, I don’t get spray tan or do my hair other than shampooing and brushing it with a comb. But I do like to splurge on clothes and I pay more attention to how I’m dressed than anything else. I wish I could be into makeup but I have zero interest in learning about how to do a cat eye or putting on nail polish.
I think femininity is determined by each girl’s preferences and it shouldn’t be judged from the way she’s dressed or how much make up she has on her face. You can be a girl and don’t wear dresses or heels but put on nail polish and eyeliner like my sister does. Or you can be a girl and only wear tshirts and jeans. Whatever your definition of being a girl is, it’s best to accept both the feminine and unfeminine parts of who you are and embracing them to the fullest.
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Now that summer is almost here and since I live in Hawaii (Jealous? Don’t be. Think of Hawaii as something you see in the beginning of the movie “The Descendents”). Am I being pessimistic? Maybe a little. Anyway, one of my favorite brands in the world, Warby Parker just came out with their summer capsule collection and it’s beautiful! I love how they’re classic and minimalistic so that you can wear them forever and be stylish wherever you go. Here are two of my favorite ones styled with the outfits I would wear with. The first one is called Roland and the second one is called Raglan. Pretty fabulous, eh? Have a lovely Friday! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Thursday, April 7th, 2016
If you look at shopbop at a glance, it seems like it’s out of reach for the average girl on a budget but if you look closer, shopbop offers amazing selection of affordable clothes and accessories as well. They’re having a great sale at the moment and you can get 25% off anything on their entire website until Thursday, April 7. Here are my favorite items under $100.00 on shopbop! So go on and splurge!
1) Eberjey Anouk Underwire Bra 2) RumbaTime Jane Action Against Hunger Watch 3) Le Specs Savanna Sunglasses 4) Gift Boutique Sexy Tray 5) Sperry Seaside Perforated Slip On Sneakers 6) Jules Smith Short Layered Triangle Necklace 7) Herschel Supply Co. Novel Weekender 8) CHRLDR Tres Bien T-Shirt
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
Shopbop is having an amazing sale at the moment and you can find more information here. In the mean time, these are some of my favorites I wouldn’t mind adding to my shopping bag! 1) Mikoh Surf Tee 2) Karen Walker Deep Freeze Sunglasses 3) Ela Rae Lori Necklace 4) Same Swim Top and Bottom 5) Paige Denim High Rise Edgemont Jeans 6) Sigerson Morrison Wynne Wedge Pumps 7) Salad Love Book 8) Zhuu Good Vibes Pouch
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
This is definitely a long over due post but why not? Shopping for clothes online is one of my favorite things. Shopbop, ASOS, Zara, Topshop are my daily must-visit websites to check out new arrivals and while I become more selective on what I buy over the years, my growing list of online shops grew substantially and not just clothes. There are accessories, beauty products, graphic design (I’m a photoshop nerd), software, and food. Here are the top 10:
1) MLM: A beautiful online shop with minimalist style.
2) Flynn Skye: A Boho Chic shop that sells pretty summer-ready tops and dresses.
3) Clare V Clutches: I’m a big fan of clutches and Clare V clutches are definitely my favorite. They’re stylish, practical and classic.
4) Tokyo Factory: All natural organic skin care line from LA that I’m obsessed with. My face glows with youth thanks to their face-masks!
5) Rodale’s beauty selection: One of the best organic beauty selections on the web and I can always find something new to love. Right now, this body scrub from NYL is permanently in my bathroom.
6) The Pure Bar – When I’m craving something sweet, these healthy snacks from pure bar are my savior.
7) The Restoration Hardware – One of my favorite places to browse for furniture and living. Here is the dream couch that I’m saving my money for. 8) Wanderlust + C0 – The affordable jewelry store that sells lovely pieces under $100.
9) M.Gemi – You would think that a quality hand-crafted shoes made in Italy is probably out of your prince range but I was surprised by how beautiful and affordable they are. As a flats devotee, these kitten heels are my favorite.
10) Graphic River – If you use photoshop, you’ll probably know this great resource already but one of my favorite things to search for is photoshop action. Just click on ‘add-ons’ and you’ll spend hours marveling at all the amazing things you can do with a click of a button in photoshop. Take a look at this, you can create clouds in a photo with this action:
I hope you enjoy this post! xoxoxxoxoxoxoxo
Monday, December 14th, 2015
Mondays are terrible even if you’re working at job you love. There’s something about it makes you dread going to work. But do you know what makes it a little bit easier? A clean and organized desk space!
(Source: West Elm, World Market, Tumblr, Martha Stewart Living)
Sunday, December 13th, 2015
I’m the kind of person who gets bored at the beach but I do enjoy dressing in a beach attire (short shorts, maxi dress, rompers, etc). Here are a couple of things I would put on myself if I’m in the mood to be at the beach. 1) Mikoh Playsuit 2) Schutz sandals 3) Abercrombie and Fitch bikini 4) Han Kjobenhavn State sunglasses 5) Wanderlust necklace 6) Olympus EPL-7 Pen 7) 2B Rose Lip Balm
Have a beautiful Sunday! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo