Monday, December 5th, 2016
I can’t believe it is finally December! Not to mention I’ll be a year older in a week…Urrgh, if I have one super power, I will stop myself from aging and be forever young! Speaking of being young:
1) Drinking green tea everyday will make you look just that, young.
2) Now that we’re about to get rain in Hawaii and get wet instead of lovely snow, an umbrella is a necessity, except I don’t carry one because I already have a million things in my hands. But I think this wind-proof, water-proof and thief-proof umbrella from Davek might convince me to buy one.
3) Did you know that you can buy your own little private island for under a million dollars?!!
4) This guy has one of the most peaceful backyard I’ve ever seen. Can we be friends?
5) Finally, know someone who likes to procrastinate? This cheeky little notebook would make a perfect little gift.
Sunday, November 27th, 2016
You work hard all year so when holidays roll around, don’t you think you should splurge on only the best for yourself? Enter shopbop massive sale where you can take up to 55 percent off! Here are some of my favorite picks (psssst! Some of them are under $100.00!).
1) Alix Allen Slip Dress
2) Pearl necklace
3) Balloon Dog Bank
4) Fringe Rose Pen
5) Eberjey Triangle Bra and thong
6) Kate Spade city sandals
7) The Master Plan Journal
8) Kate Spade Hello Iphone
9) Self Portrait Sunglasses
10) Palermo clutch
Now go get a little something for yourself!
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016
Polkadots can be childish and boring. But not this keepsake “Don’t Wait” top that I just bought! I can see myself wearing it to the office and then pairing it with denim shorts for the weekend. Perfect 10 out of 10 versatile piece.
Monday, November 21st, 2016
A modern day gentleman knows that it’s good manners to dress well. If you’re looking for some stylish gifts to give to a special guy in your life this holiday, you don’t have to search too far. Here are some of my favorite finds for guys who want to look good, smell good and feel good for Thanksgiving and beyond.
A tailored button-down shirt that can go straight from a board meeting to a cocktail party. And some fancy grey pants to go with it. Then a pair of cool shoes that says “Don’t take me too seriously”. Spritz a sophisticated cologne on your wrists before you put on this watch. Don’t forget to moisturize your hands while you’re at it! Put all the essentials like this minimalistic 2017 calendar and glasses in your travel bag.
On a side note: Isn’t shopping gifts for guys the easiest thing ever?!
Sunday, November 20th, 2016
A cozy bedroom should have these four things: plush bedding, silk pillows, windows, and green plants. And if you’re lucky, someone you love.
Monday, November 14th, 2016
The first Monday after a long and stressful week can be tough and whether you’re elated at the results from Nov 8th or feel horrified by it, it’s important to remain positive. We can’t predict the future but we can improve the present. All of us needs to see each other as friends, not enemies.
So let’s start this Monday off by a couple of things that will put a smile on your face:
1) Riflebird takes courtship very seriously. In fact, he came up with a whole impressive dance routine to woo a female. If I were a bird, I would totally go out with him!
2) Learning to code can actually be fun! Best of all, it’s free.
3) I love Avocados and when it comes in a soap version, of course I have to buy it!
4) Did you know that UPS also stands for (Unique Personal Style)? I learned that from reading this gentleman’s interview.
5) I want to retire in Europe one day. For now, I can make plans to travel there and get these basic essentials.
Thursday, November 10th, 2016
I didn’t read any news today. I didn’t read any articles or turn on the TV. The anxiety and the dread I had up until November 8th has been confirmed as reality and as bitter as it is, I have to accept it. But I want to ignore it for just a little while, as long as my consciousness would let me.
I’m not an American and I wasn’t born here but I have a deep respect for this country as an outsider. I think American people are smart, open-minded and generous and I still do. I will continue to feel the same way despite the events that took place on Election Day. Because it’s easy to get sucked into resentment and hate and it’s easy to blame and point fingers. What do you do when something negative happens in your life, like heartbreak, a job loss, family death, an ending of a friendship? Yes, you’ll feel defeated, disappointed and sad but you will pick yourself up and thrive again. That’s the only way. When you wake up tomorrow, be a little kinder, a little nicer and spread more love to the people around you, no matter who they are.
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
I don’t wear a watch purely for vanity reasons because I don’t want to get those wrinkles and lines around my wrist. But I do appreciate a stylish watch and I even bought a few to wear on days when I’m in a mood. I also think watches make a great accessory to a nice outfit, especially if you’re in a business suit. However, I didn’t know how wearing an expensive watch can change people’s perception of you until I read this article about a guy who reported getting better treatment from everyone just because he wore a nice looking watch. I understand that if you’re in a client-facing jobs like sales, it’s important to look sharp but I think it’s sad to be in a position where you’re constantly being judged by what you wear. Also, people shouldn’t be pressured to look a certain way just so they can get preferential treatment. That just encourages entitlement and ego. The clothes that we wear, the cars we drive, the houses that we live in pale in comparison to who we are as a person and how we treat the people around us.
Tuesday, November 8th, 2016
If you need to update your wardrobe this fall, this black blazer with piping details from Massi Modutti is a perfect addition. It looks subtle and sophisticated. It’s one of those great investment pieces that can easily transition to next season.
Monday, November 7th, 2016
I read this quote from fashion designer, Miuccia Prada, last Sunday and she said “Fun should always be present when you work. Until I’m smiling, I know I’m doing nothing good”.
It’s important to have a job that pays the bills but what’s the point if you’re not having fun in the process? Not many people are lucky enough to love going to work on Mondays and whatever your circumstances, it’s possible to make your work day both fun and productive. Here’s how to start:
1) Got only five minutes in the morning before you head to the office? Here’s a delicious honey yogurt recipe that is filling!
2) Instagram is great for many things. I like to look at fitness trainers accounts and get inspired to work out. Like Alex Crockford’s videos.
3) Laughter is the best medicine to start your day and one of my favorite things to do is to watch a funny GIF!
4) Social media is part of our daily lives whether we like it or not and it’s helpful to know how to use them. Here are 9 free tools that automate your social media accounts and an ultimate list of the most useful wordpress plugins.
5) If you can read only one article this Monday, make it this.
(Photo Source: Fattongue.com)