Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
I’m not going to talk about why dating today sucks because everyone knows that already. I’m not going to talk about ghosting, almost-relationships, three-day rules, fuckboys or whatever new crappy trends that the media comes up with. No, I’m going to talk about why I’m still single while having unlimited options to date whoever I want.
Here are the top 5 reasons why I’m still single. Hello Prince Charming, if you’re reading this, call me!
1) I live in Hawaii – I’m stuck on this little island with a bunch of other single people who I inevitably run into at pretty much every single event. Hawaii is a tough place to avoid people and I don’t like the idea of breaking up with someone and then find myself standing next to him at Starbucks, bumping into him while doing my laundry, being stuck in the same elevator (ahhhhhh!), etc. etc.
2) I’m too optimistic – Whenever I get disappointed by a guy, the blame is 100% on me because I let it happen. Despite knowing the fact that most guys want only one thing, I will still believe whatever a guy is telling me as the truth. That’s also my biggest weakness when it comes to guys.
3) I get attached quickly – Let’s say I’m talking to a guy and I develop a crush on him. You can bet that I will be thinking about him for months and won’t be able to talk to anyone else. I wish there’s a cure for that.
4) I’m too romantic – When I like someone, I’m already imagining an entire life with them in my head going through made-up scenarios of us holding hands, getting married, meeting each other’s families, growing old together, etc.
5) I have a type – I’ll give you an example of my dream guy in two words: Armie Hammer. And yes, there’s only one and he’s already married with kids. Guys who look like Armie and has a similar personality? Yeah……..I’ll let you know if I find one.
Sunday, March 19th, 2017
If you’re using dating apps and are about to give up, remember that it’s not technology or swiping left that is the problem. It’s the people and how they’re approaching relationships now. Think of the last date you have? If you’re a millennial like me, you were probably left being disappointed by someone you thought you had great chemistry, only to be ghosted.
Many of my friends are using dating apps like tinder and bumble and yet they found no luck. One of them said it’s because guys have so many options these days. Partly true but so do girls.
But I believe the biggest reason is we have forgotten how to treat each other like human. Once you start treating people as disposables, you have no problem feeling indifferent towards emotions. When someone gets vulnerable with you or gets comfortable around you, you immediately get distant. Why? Because you get scared. You’re afraid of being close to someone and to actually care. And it’s sad to see how many people choose to ignore something that could turn out to be real and amazing.
Monday, January 9th, 2017
I used to make resolutions. Big ones, small ones, little tiny ones. But now, I make none. It doesn’t mean that I don’t have goals I would like to accomplish. But I find that resolutions are meaningless if you don’t have a strategy or a concrete plan. Instead of resolutions, I decided to create an online journal by installing mindful, a chrome extension that keeps me focused on what I need to get done everyday and add new things I want to try. That’s the only thing I did.
A cliche for a new year is that we all need to achieve these lofty goals and get ambitious and start something impossible. But I like to think that we can achieve more by replacing resolutions with smaller actions. It makes me happy that I don’t need to worry about being disappointed because I know I’m doing 1% more of what I want to do everyday.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016
If you spent your Christmas doing nothing productive at all and had a ton of fun being lazy, you’re in fine company. Because that’s what I did. But ahhhhh! It’s back to work again! Seriously, wouldn’t it be nice if we have a law that says we can work whenever we want to?! Imagine how amazing life would be for everyone if money isn’t an issue. Okay, I’ll get off my soap box and tell you 5 best ways you can get back to work mode after Christmas.
2) Get Prynt for your phone right now and impress everyone at your job.
3) One of my goals for 2017 is to get up one hour early (it’s so hard for a night owl like me to even open my eyes when my alarm goes off!) so reading these morning routines of successful people really motivates me to embrace being a morning person.
4) Best business books to read in 2017 for inspiration.
5) Instead of having a bunch of tools to manage your business, why not just have one tool that does it all?
Bonus: I plan to buy a fancy studio apartment for myself but then I realize that buying an entire private island is a better option.
Monday, December 12th, 2016
Wishing you the most romantic Monday possible! xoxoxoxo
Monday, December 5th, 2016
I can’t believe it is finally December! Not to mention I’ll be a year older in a week…Urrgh, if I have one super power, I will stop myself from aging and be forever young! Speaking of being young:
1) Drinking green tea everyday will make you look just that, young.
2) Now that we’re about to get rain in Hawaii and get wet instead of lovely snow, an umbrella is a necessity, except I don’t carry one because I already have a million things in my hands. But I think this wind-proof, water-proof and thief-proof umbrella from Davek might convince me to buy one.
3) Did you know that you can buy your own little private island for under a million dollars?!!
4) This guy has one of the most peaceful backyard I’ve ever seen. Can we be friends?
5) Finally, know someone who likes to procrastinate? This cheeky little notebook would make a perfect little gift.
Monday, November 14th, 2016
The first Monday after a long and stressful week can be tough and whether you’re elated at the results from Nov 8th or feel horrified by it, it’s important to remain positive. We can’t predict the future but we can improve the present. All of us needs to see each other as friends, not enemies.
So let’s start this Monday off by a couple of things that will put a smile on your face:
1) Riflebird takes courtship very seriously. In fact, he came up with a whole impressive dance routine to woo a female. If I were a bird, I would totally go out with him!
2) Learning to code can actually be fun! Best of all, it’s free.
3) I love Avocados and when it comes in a soap version, of course I have to buy it!
4) Did you know that UPS also stands for (Unique Personal Style)? I learned that from reading this gentleman’s interview.
5) I want to retire in Europe one day. For now, I can make plans to travel there and get these basic essentials.
Thursday, November 10th, 2016
I didn’t read any news today. I didn’t read any articles or turn on the TV. The anxiety and the dread I had up until November 8th has been confirmed as reality and as bitter as it is, I have to accept it. But I want to ignore it for just a little while, as long as my consciousness would let me.
I’m not an American and I wasn’t born here but I have a deep respect for this country as an outsider. I think American people are smart, open-minded and generous and I still do. I will continue to feel the same way despite the events that took place on Election Day. Because it’s easy to get sucked into resentment and hate and it’s easy to blame and point fingers. What do you do when something negative happens in your life, like heartbreak, a job loss, family death, an ending of a friendship? Yes, you’ll feel defeated, disappointed and sad but you will pick yourself up and thrive again. That’s the only way. When you wake up tomorrow, be a little kinder, a little nicer and spread more love to the people around you, no matter who they are.
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
I don’t wear a watch purely for vanity reasons because I don’t want to get those wrinkles and lines around my wrist. But I do appreciate a stylish watch and I even bought a few to wear on days when I’m in a mood. I also think watches make a great accessory to a nice outfit, especially if you’re in a business suit. However, I didn’t know how wearing an expensive watch can change people’s perception of you until I read this article about a guy who reported getting better treatment from everyone just because he wore a nice looking watch. I understand that if you’re in a client-facing jobs like sales, it’s important to look sharp but I think it’s sad to be in a position where you’re constantly being judged by what you wear. Also, people shouldn’t be pressured to look a certain way just so they can get preferential treatment. That just encourages entitlement and ego. The clothes that we wear, the cars we drive, the houses that we live in pale in comparison to who we are as a person and how we treat the people around us.
Monday, November 7th, 2016
I read this quote from fashion designer, Miuccia Prada, last Sunday and she said “Fun should always be present when you work. Until I’m smiling, I know I’m doing nothing good”.
It’s important to have a job that pays the bills but what’s the point if you’re not having fun in the process? Not many people are lucky enough to love going to work on Mondays and whatever your circumstances, it’s possible to make your work day both fun and productive. Here’s how to start:
1) Got only five minutes in the morning before you head to the office? Here’s a delicious honey yogurt recipe that is filling!
2) Instagram is great for many things. I like to look at fitness trainers accounts and get inspired to work out. Like Alex Crockford’s videos.
3) Laughter is the best medicine to start your day and one of my favorite things to do is to watch a funny GIF!
4) Social media is part of our daily lives whether we like it or not and it’s helpful to know how to use them. Here are 9 free tools that automate your social media accounts and an ultimate list of the most useful wordpress plugins.
5) If you can read only one article this Monday, make it this.
(Photo Source: Fattongue.com)