Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Hawaii’s weather can act like a psycho ex-boyfriend who changes his mind every five seconds so figuring out what to wear can be challenging. Yes, it’s warm year round here but it’ll rain in about 10 seconds, trust me. So I need a light coat…not jacket, not a sweater, just something light enough for me to wear outside and be in a comfortable body temperature. Then I found the perfect summer coat from Aritzia and thank heavens, it comes in black as well! You can layer it as a robe, long sweater or a dress…I do love a multi-tasking piece of cloth. Yes, the price is a bit steep but think of how effortlessly poetic you will look while strolling down the cobblestone street somewhere in Venice looking up at the stars.
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
I’m not going to talk about why dating today sucks because everyone knows that already. I’m not going to talk about ghosting, almost-relationships, three-day rules, fuckboys or whatever new crappy trends that the media comes up with. No, I’m going to talk about why I’m still single while having unlimited options to date whoever I want.
Here are the top 5 reasons why I’m still single. Hello Prince Charming, if you’re reading this, call me!
1) I live in Hawaii – I’m stuck on this little island with a bunch of other single people who I inevitably run into at pretty much every single event. Hawaii is a tough place to avoid people and I don’t like the idea of breaking up with someone and then find myself standing next to him at Starbucks, bumping into him while doing my laundry, being stuck in the same elevator (ahhhhhh!), etc. etc.
2) I’m too optimistic – Whenever I get disappointed by a guy, the blame is 100% on me because I let it happen. Despite knowing the fact that most guys want only one thing, I will still believe whatever a guy is telling me as the truth. That’s also my biggest weakness when it comes to guys.
3) I get attached quickly – Let’s say I’m talking to a guy and I develop a crush on him. You can bet that I will be thinking about him for months and won’t be able to talk to anyone else. I wish there’s a cure for that.
4) I’m too romantic – When I like someone, I’m already imagining an entire life with them in my head going through made-up scenarios of us holding hands, getting married, meeting each other’s families, growing old together, etc.
5) I have a type – I’ll give you an example of my dream guy in two words: Armie Hammer. And yes, there’s only one and he’s already married with kids. Guys who look like Armie and has a similar personality? Yeah……..I’ll let you know if I find one.
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
My favorite way to heal my broken heart is by doing a lot of retail therapy and also looking as hot as I can. One of my favorite things to wear is leather shorts and I just bought this perfect little pair from Peppermayo. After one of the worst weekends of my life, I think I deserve to treat myself like a queen.
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
I have a thing…more like an addiction really to white dresses and you’ll rarely see me wear them outside because I like to buy them and admire them safely in my closet. Nah, just kidding! I do wear them to fancy events or dates and then regret it when I inevitably ruin it by spilling something on them. I’m the kind of girl that’s not afraid to drop $400 on a dress without blinking an eye but $20.00 for a moisturizer? Pffffff……. My apartment is filled with expensive clothes and drugstore makeup. Welcome to my life!
Would you be surprised if I tell you that I bought all these from Shopbop?! Yep, I’ll starve happily for this month and it’s all worth it. Besides, how could I not help myself when shopbop is having an amazing sale right now when you take up to 25% off?! Go ahead and get yourself a little something before they all sold out courtesy of moi!
P.S. Can you guess which one of these dresses I will wear first?! It’s this one. The rest of the lovelies are: Zimmermann Divinity Wheel Frill Top, Black Halo Jeanette Sheath Dress, Self Portrait Lace Frill Midi Dress. Don’t miss this sale and use the code EVENT17 to get up to 25% off!
Sunday, March 19th, 2017
If you’re using dating apps and are about to give up, remember that it’s not technology or swiping left that is the problem. It’s the people and how they’re approaching relationships now. Think of the last date you have? If you’re a millennial like me, you were probably left being disappointed by someone you thought you had great chemistry, only to be ghosted.
Many of my friends are using dating apps like tinder and bumble and yet they found no luck. One of them said it’s because guys have so many options these days. Partly true but so do girls.
But I believe the biggest reason is we have forgotten how to treat each other like human. Once you start treating people as disposables, you have no problem feeling indifferent towards emotions. When someone gets vulnerable with you or gets comfortable around you, you immediately get distant. Why? Because you get scared. You’re afraid of being close to someone and to actually care. And it’s sad to see how many people choose to ignore something that could turn out to be real and amazing.
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Shopbop is hands down my favorite shopping destination to find clothes for all types of occassion and there’s always something I have my eyes on. Right now, I’m obsessed with anything white and romantic. Delicate necklaces, leather clutches, print heels and off-the-shoulder looks. Shopbop doesn’t disappoint! Here are some of my favorite finds and guess what?! You can get up to 25% off with the code GOBIG17.Get out your wallets! 1) Cloverpost Ink Choker Necklace 2) MM6 Anniversary Clutch 3) Le Specs Caliente Sunglasses 4) Schutz Lisana Wrap Sandals 5) Choupette book.
Monday, January 9th, 2017
I used to make resolutions. Big ones, small ones, little tiny ones. But now, I make none. It doesn’t mean that I don’t have goals I would like to accomplish. But I find that resolutions are meaningless if you don’t have a strategy or a concrete plan. Instead of resolutions, I decided to create an online journal by installing mindful, a chrome extension that keeps me focused on what I need to get done everyday and add new things I want to try. That’s the only thing I did.
A cliche for a new year is that we all need to achieve these lofty goals and get ambitious and start something impossible. But I like to think that we can achieve more by replacing resolutions with smaller actions. It makes me happy that I don’t need to worry about being disappointed because I know I’m doing 1% more of what I want to do everyday.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016
If you spent your Christmas doing nothing productive at all and had a ton of fun being lazy, you’re in fine company. Because that’s what I did. But ahhhhh! It’s back to work again! Seriously, wouldn’t it be nice if we have a law that says we can work whenever we want to?! Imagine how amazing life would be for everyone if money isn’t an issue. Okay, I’ll get off my soap box and tell you 5 best ways you can get back to work mode after Christmas.
2) Get Prynt for your phone right now and impress everyone at your job.
3) One of my goals for 2017 is to get up one hour early (it’s so hard for a night owl like me to even open my eyes when my alarm goes off!) so reading these morning routines of successful people really motivates me to embrace being a morning person.
4) Best business books to read in 2017 for inspiration.
5) Instead of having a bunch of tools to manage your business, why not just have one tool that does it all?
Bonus: I plan to buy a fancy studio apartment for myself but then I realize that buying an entire private island is a better option.
Monday, December 19th, 2016
Now that Pantone has declared “Greenery” as the color of the year, it’s time to incorporate plants into our work spaces to clear our mind and spirit. Here are some beautiful work spaces with plants to inspire your day and maybe even make you feel peaceful after looking at them.
(Source: Tumblr, Design Sponge)
Monday, December 12th, 2016
Wishing you the most romantic Monday possible! xoxoxoxo
Use free online photo cropping to design your photos